Once you've correctly implemented the Narratiive tracking tag on all content pages of your site, traffic data will start flowing to Narratiive. This data will be reported in the dashboard for your site.
To compare your Narratiive figures with other traffic analytics platforms, the most directly comparable metric is worldwide page views. Other metrics (e.g. visitors) are calculated differently by each platform and cannot be meaningfully compared.
Comparing Narratiive traffic to Google Analytics
To compare Narratiive traffic data to Google Analytics you can compare worldwide page views.
If worldwide page views are closely aligned with Google Analytics, you can be confident that Narratiive is correctly capturing traffic data for your site. Differences in other metrics are a result of Narratiive employing a different measurement methodology, from other platforms, for those metrics.
For more information, take a look at our article titled Why are my Google Analytics numbers different to my Narratiive numbers?
Reporting a discrepancy between Narratiive and Google Analytics
If you have compared worldwide page views for your site in both Narratiive and Google Analytics, and there is a discrepancy of more than 5 per cent, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will work with you to investigate.
Please include the following information in your message.
- Your publisher name and the sites you are querying
- A Google Analytics All Pages (worldwide) report for a single day which will provide all impressions/traffic for each single page of your website
Generating a Google Analytics All Pages report:
- Login to your Google Analytics account.
- Select the site for reporting.
- Click "Behaviour" in the menu on the left-hand side of the page.
- In the menu that appears below Behaviour select "Site Content" then "All Pages"
- Make sure "Page" is selected as the "Primary Dimension"
- At the bottom of the page set "Show rows" to 5000.
- In the top right-hand side of the page select the date to be reported. Please select a single, recent day.
- Once the report has generated, at the top of the report page click "Export" and choose "CSV".